Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm in much better spirits today for some reason. I'm not going to question a good thing.

Well, the New Year Eve plans are to go see Elizabeth again and then go to a party at a friend's house. Before going to see Elizabeth, I went to go visit Bob. He's still in hospital. It takes a lot for me to not cry as I see him fighting cancer. My insides rip and my head becomes cloudy, my heart becomes weak. I hugged him and told the nurse to make sure he had a wonderful new year. We had a party last weekend the day after Christmas, and for once, I think it was successful. Everyone seemed to have a good time, I got a little tipsy (I don't usually drink very much), and no major mishaps occured. It started at 7:00 and went until about 2:00 a.m.

I love having my friends over for parties. We're going to try to move back down to the city next year because it's so difficult living out where we do. You have to drive everywhere, nothing is within walking distance, and we don't live on the busline which means our friends have to either find rides or take taxicabs to our house. It's just a general pain in the posterior. I really want to find a house to rent in Noosa, where we lived up until June of this year. I don't think any of us wants to move back into an apartment though -- we're too hooked on having the space that comes with having a real house.

10 comments:

  1. Who the heck is this? It's NOT JP...where did JP go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. jp gave up his blog...he wrote about it about a week ago. Had I been smart I would have taken his name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too. And Gina and Phil and Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Stolen Identities, Batman! OK, I'm using my super sleuthy skillz to surmise that JP still exists, and is still bitter, based on the fact that he just commented, above, but what's this invitation only business? More sleuthing. At least he's alive, thank the unicorns.

    But what blog is this? How did JP's url get jacked? JP, we miss you. Bitterly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..I really need to remove this link from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God!! Have I been away THAT long??!?!??

    ReplyDelete